Upper North District Plan, As Adopted (PDF, 220 MB)
The Upper North District Plan process began in January 2016. On September 20th, PCPC released the draft plan (PDF, 200 MB) for public review. Comments were accepted through October 20th. The plan was revised and adopted by the City Planning Commission on November 15th, 2016.
Logan, Olney, Fern Rock, East Oak Lane, West Oak Lane, East Mount Airy, Ogontz, Belfield, Melrose Park Gardens, Nicetown.
Upper North Philadelphia sits at the far northern end of Broad Street. Olney Transportation Center anchors the district’s transportation and employment center surrounding the intersection of Broad Street and Olney Avenue. Top planning issues include:
- Taking advantage of strong transit links to the metropolitan center
- Redeveloping the Logan triangle with building forms and uses that complement the surrounding blocks
- Preserving historically significant structures and neighborhoods
- Supporting vital business corridors on Broad Street, Ogontz Avenue, Wadsworth Avenue, and North 5th Street.
- Coordinating the future development of Einstein Hospital and La Salle University with community needs
- Enhancing major gateways into the City from the north
- Planning for upkeep and improvement in Tacony Creek Park and the watershed parks of the historic Wingohocking Creek valley
Ian Hegarty, 215-683-4672, firstname.lastname@example.org